Entertainment » Movies

Actor Gives Update About Possible Sequel to 'Call Me By Your Name'

Friday Jul 13, 2018
A scene from the "Call Me By Your Name" trailer.
A scene from the "Call Me By Your Name" trailer.  (Source:YouTube Still)

Is a sequel to the gay coming-of-age drama "Call Me By Your Name" becoming a reality?

Actor Michael Stuhlbarg, who plays Elio's (Timothee Chalamet) father in the movie, recently said that out director Luca Guadagnino is "serious" about a follow up to the Oscar nominated movie, Deadline reports.

"He [Guadagnino] seems to think that we might be able to pick up the action a few years later to see what's happened to these characters and the choices they've made, and life after this particularly momentous summer for them all," Stuhlbarg said, according to Deadline. "But it sounds like something he's serious about, and [author] André Aciman is thrilled I think at the idea."

He added that Aciman's novel could provide the foundation for the "Call Me By Your Name" sequel.

"There are portions of the book that we didn't mine as thoroughly," Stuhlbarg said, adding that he would be interested in reprising his role for a possible follow up.

"I'm curious about it myself and I would be thrilled to be a part of any kind of a sequel," he told Deadline. "It was a very special experience for all of us. I think it would have to be some kind of unique thing from what it was, but I would absolutely be game for trying."

"Call Me By Your Name" earned a Best Picture Oscar nomination and Chalamet for Best Actor. Out writer/director James Ivory took home Oscar gold for Best Adapted Screenplay last year.

Guadagnino has talked about a possible sequel to the film several times, saying he wants to do a "Before Sunrise" style trilogy.

Comments

Add New Comment

Comments on Facebook