Pandora Offers the Authentic Sound of New Orleans
Live music is a mainstay in New Orleans, so New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation, NOTMC, has created a soulful way for fans of the city to stay tuned in to the city’s authentic sound, through an integrated digital partnership with Pandora, the leading internet radio service.
With more than 70% of all internet radio listening on the Pandora music platform, NOTMC leverages New Orleans’ eclectic sound and rich music culture to target those who seek to hear and see it live. The custom digital platform invites listeners to "spin" the NOLA compass to select from one of five custom New Orleans stations highlighting the sounds and artists of the city’s clubs, festivals, storied neighborhoods and architecturally rich streets.
Listeners are encouraged to "Follow Your Rhythm" in New Orleans to discover New Orleans’ legendary music styles like Jazz, Blues, Funk and Soul, as well as its unique neighborhood music destinations like Treme and Frenchmen Street, to create the perfect "NOLA" mix. Many local artists, musicians and nationally touring groups who have composed albums or frequently perform in the city are represented, including;
1. Frenchmen Street (www.pandora.com/nolafrenchman) - Jon Cleary, Eric Lindell, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews
2. Treme’ (www.pandora.com/nolatreme) - John Boutte, Professor Longhair, The Wild Tchoupitoulas, and Kermit Ruffins
3. NOLA Now (www.pandora.com/nolanow) - George Porter, Jr., Anders Osborne, and Givers
4. Bounce/Electronic (www.pandora.com/nolabounceandelectronic) - Big Freedia, Lil Wayne, Diplo, and Katey Red
5. Soul/Funk (www.pandora.com/nolasoulfunk) - Galactic, Papa Grows Funk, The Meters, and Johnny Sketch & the Dirty Notes
These stations can be found on Pandora by searching "NOLA" within the "create a station box" and are available across all Pandora music platforms, including desktop, mobile, and tablet applications.
NOTMC’s media partnership with Pandora promotes the branded music platform through Audio spots and digital Banner ads targeted to specific demographics and music genres. New Orleans musician John Boutte is featured in the ads. Nearly 11,000 stations have already been added since the campaign launched in mid-August. Over 3,768 hours have been spent with the NOLA stations already, which is equivalent to over five months of exclusive time spent with the campaign in less than one month’s time.
This custom program was executed by Dentsu America ("Dentsu"), in partnership with 360i. Dentsu is New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation’s agency of record.