Boston Mixologists Create Modern Irish Coffee Cocktails for St. Pat’s
BOSTON, MA - In honor of St. Patrick's Day, Baileys is enlisting top Boston cocktail professionals to create a modern version of the Irish Coffee cocktail.
Mixologists, including John Henderson of Scholars, used new wave ingredients, innovative mixology techniques and Baileys to put a creative twist on the classic recipe.
The result is a sophisticated, cocktail alternative to green beer and whiskey that Bostonians can enjoy during their Irish celebrations.
Other participating mixologists include Laura Engle and Kevin Bond and the cocktails will be available at their respective establishments leading up to the holiday.
Saint Pat's Spicy Coffee
(Created by John Henderson at Scholars American Bistro and Cocktail Lounge)
1/2 ounce Baileys Original Irish Cream
1 ounce Bushmills Irish Whiskey
1 1/2 ounce Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 ounce Ancho and Thai Chili Coffee Simple Syrup*
1 fresh Deseeded Thai Chilies
1. Add one half chopped small red Thai chili, Bushmills Irish Whiskey and ancho and Thai chili coffee simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add ice and shake vigorously.
3. Strain into a cordial glass.
4. Add Baileys Original Irish Cream and heavy whipping cream to a cocktail shaker with the spring of a Hawthorne shaker.
5. Shake vigorously until firm but still pourable.