New Hampshire Offers Dream Vacation Photo and Video Contest
Concord, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Division of Travel and Tourism Development (DTTD) is excited to highlight the video entry portion of the 3rd annual New Hampshire Dream Vacation Photo Contest this summer. New this year is the ability to submit fifteen second videos.
The program, running through Labor Day, features an online photo and video contest with two winners (one for photo, one for video) each receiving a custom-designed New Hampshire Dream Vacation worth $2,500 for photo and $1,000 for video. Three additional contestants can win $500 each if their photo or video wins the popular vote.
"We encourage every NH resident and visitor to explore and enjoy the state, take photos and videos with the ’I Love it Here’ signs along the way, and upload them to our site," said Lori Harnois, Director of the New Hampshire Division of Travel and Tourism Development.
"We’re excited to have a video component this year, allowing contestants the chance to highlight a New Hampshire experience, whether it’s jumping in a lake, hiking a mountain trail or eating a favorite meal at a local restaurant. There is so much to enjoy while vacationing in our beautiful state and now you can show us how much you love it here!"
Contest postcards now feature a QR Code on the back, allowing for smart phone users to scan the code and directly upload photos and video to the contest site from their iPhone, Android, Blackberry and other mobile devices.
Here’s how to play:
1. Click Away. Download the "I Love it Here" sign from www.NHDreamVacation.com, travel around New Hampshire and capture one, or up to five photos or videos from the locations list. Be sure to include the "I Love it Here" sign in each photo or video, along with a New Hampshire identifier such as a building, sign or landmark Creativity is key!
2. Enter Online. Upload your photos or videos at www.NHDreamVacation.com to enter for a chance to win a dream vacation in New Hampshire.
3. Boost Your Ratings to win the Popular Vote at www.NHDreamVacation.com. Vote for your favorite images or videos and tell friends and family members to vote too. There will be three winners in the Popular Vote category, and each winner will receive a $500 dream vacation of their choice.
4. Judges Vote. A panel of judges will select two grand prize winners at the end of the contest - one for photo, and one for video. The grand prize winners will receive a NH dream vacation of their choice worth $2,500 for photo and $1,000 for video. The winning photo and video will be judged on creativity, originality and aesthetics.
Creating and submitting a video to the contest website is simple and easy to do. Here’s how:
1. If you don’t already have one, please begin by creating an account on youtube.com
2. Upload your video(s) to youtube.com with their easy to use web based upload tool.
3. Once you have uploaded your file(s), under each video, you’ll see a "share" button.
4. Click on that "share" button, and then choose the "embed" option available.
5. Copy and paste the "embed" code youtube.com gives you for each of your videos into the contest entry form located at http://www.nhdreamvacation.com/submit-your-entry/.
6. Complete the additional information required, so that we may contact you should you be selected as the winner.
7. Then just submit the form and you’re done!
The "I Love it Here" promotion has its own micro-site at www.NHDreamVacation.com, which features the official "I Love it Here" sign, complete photo and video contest location list, official contest rules, an image gallery showcasing entries, NH celebrity Dream Vacations and more.
Postcards with the "I Love it Here" signs are available at properties throughout the state and also at all Welcome Information Centers.
The grand prize package for the video entry portion of the contest is a New Hampshire Dream Vacation worth $1,000. In addition, a $500 dream vacation will be awarded to the video with the most votes, also known as the "popular" vote. Some restrictions will apply.
Additionally, Irving Oil is offering gas gift cards in the amount of $50 that are awarded weekly to randomly selected contest participants.
"Once again this summer, we expect residents will want to vacation right here in New Hampshire, and will spend time exploring the mountains, lakes, and seacoast," said Harnois. "Snap some photos, shoot some video, have fun, and challenge yourself to find the best spot in NH!"
Your video can be filmed at any of the photo contest locations listed on the website, but can only be submitted to the "Video: Your Favorite NH Place!" category on the website, making it very easy to enter. Rules specify that all videos must be taken in New Hampshire with the contest sign, and must include an identifier in the photo (location sign or building):
For more information about New Hampshire tourism, call 603-271-2665 or visit www.visitnh.gov.