Love on the Rocks: Luscious Cocktails for Valentine’s Day
Whether you're looking to romance your sweetheart, kindle a new flame or douse a relationship that's on the rocks, EDGE offers you cocktail recipes for any Valentine scenario.
Cruzan Rose Kiss
2 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1/2 parts Hibiscus Liqueur
1 part Fresh Lime Juice
3 Drops Rose Water
Method: Combine all ingredients in a shaker, shake for 15 seconds. Pour over fresh ice in a Collins glass. Top with soda water.
Laphroaig’s Perfect Gentleman
1 1?2 parts Laphroaig® 10-Year-Old Scotch Whisky
3?4 part DeKuyper® Crème de Cacao Dark
1 1?2 parts Heavy Cream
2-3 dashes Orange Bitters
Method: Shake vigorously with ice and strain into a chilled stemless cocktail glass. Garnish with fresh shaved chocolate.
Basil Hayden’s Bacon Sour
Recipe by Patricia Richards - Las Vegas, NV
1 1?4 Parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
1 Part St-Germain® Liqueur Infused with Applewood Smoked Bacon (recipe below)
1 Part Freshly Squeezed and Strained Lemon Juice
1/2 Part Diluted Maple Syrup (1:1 ratio of Vermont Grade A Medium Amber Syrup to water)
1 dash Peychaud’s® Bitters
1/4 part Pasteurized Egg White
Bacon Infused St-Germain
9 Thick Slices of Applewood Smoked Bacon
2 750 ml bottle of St-Germain® Liqueur
1. Cook bacon in the oven until it is crispy on the outsides but still chewy in the center.
2. Place bacon on paper towel to remove some of the rendering.
3. Place cooked bacon in a glass jar with two 750 ml bottles of St-Germain® and allow it to infuse for 24 hours at room temperature.
4. Remove bacon.
5. Place liqueur in the freezer so renderings congeal and you can remove them.
6. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and cheese cloth to remove as much rendering as possible.
7. Repeat freezer step if needed and strain again.
8. Refrigerate until ready for use.
1. Combine bourbon, bacon-infused St-Germain®, lemon juice, diluted maple syrup, bitters and egg white into a mixing glass and shake vigorously with ice.
2. Strain over fresh ice into a double-old fashioned glass.
3. Garnish with an orange slice and a piece of the St-Germain® infused Applewood smoked bacon.